Tuesday, April 3, 2007

ridiculous. inconvenient. consuming...and me.

We watched Sex and the City at girls' night last night...and it got me thinking about my FAVORITE S&C quote....

Carrie: I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love. And I don't think that love is here in this expensive suite in this lovely hotel in Paris.

(PS.. best scene EVER...last episode..last season)

When she said that, I totally agreed:

"YES! RIDICULOUS!!! ~*cheer*
INCONVENIENT!!! ~*cheer*
CONSUMING!!!~*cheer cheer* "

But, then.. if that's what we want to hear.. as hopeless romantic Carrie Bradshaw's of the world, then why oh why are we so quick to take those adjectives and twist them into NEGATIVES in the REAL world.... please insert frowny/complainy face saying "ridiculous." "inconvenient." "consuming." while your girlfriends all nod in support like "yeah, that is SO the last thing you need right now..."

My aunt once told me to marry someone who loves you more than you love them and I thought I would come unglued.. WHY would someone do that???!! (I seriously could never) (then again, she also told me to sleep with at least three men in my life.. fair enough..lol) But... I think that's just it...we're looking for the:

ridiculous. inconvenient. consuming.

...but too often go for the safer, convenient, less than consuming.. Why?

Maybe I'm reflecting on some of the couples I know in my life... or maybe I'm analyzing some of my own behavior.. I really think this was provoked by the former, but I cant help admit the latter in some of my past....

I wouldn't say I'm LOOKING for love.. but I wouldn't say I'm not looking either.. and I am definitely saying I think I'm opening myself a little more to the ridiculous, consuming, totally inconvenientness of it all.... If only I was in an expensive hotel in Paris, right?? Damn you, Carrie Bradshaw!

Oh...and while we're on the subject of Sex and the City.. which I RARELY reference.. I must take this opportunity to ask.. have you ever counted the number of people they've slept with from season 1 to season 7?? I dont think we should.. It might discredit the quote I like so much. lol! :)

~ BB

No comments: